Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Godzilla of Studying



I never thought I'd miss attending classes. Ah, just the whole experience of fighting bed sheets at 9 in the morning, stumbling into the classroom - late, of course, missing every other sentence the professor says...

Okay, so I don't miss everything about classes, but after four years of university, the strange lack of learning was enough for me to sign up for a finance course with Coursera. Don't judge me, but listening to video lectures on investments and regressions has actually been a comforting experience thus far. And the best part? Pausing whenever I miss something!

However, for my friends studying for their Masters in finance, these sentiments are nonexistent. It's around midterms season and I can only imagine the stress of memorizing models on risks and returns. So, here is a cartoon of encouragement to help them "tear through" (get it, get it?) those exams with flying colors!

How did/do you deal with exam weeks? A curious former-student wants to know.

4 comments:

  1. I am currently taking masters classes and the classes I am enrolled in are not giving midterms :)..I got lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh nice! But doesn't that mean your finals will be packed? :O

      Delete
  2. I did my Masters part-time while working full time. As much as I enjoyed the learning experience I don't know how I did it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's both crazy and great! School can definitely bring out a few miracles from students. :)

      Delete

No spam please! (Unless it is in a can...)